It is a hard fact the efficiency and productivity of your workplace mainly depends upon its environment along with various other factors. You will have to keep the environment of your workplace tidy and clean if you want to ensure that everyone including, staff and clients, gives positive expressions by feeling nice.
You can keep your office clean either by creating your own team to clean it or by hiring a right janitor for this purpose. Though it can be beneficial to build your own cleaning team but it may involve various other issues. You will have to spend money on buying cleaning supplies and equipment, pay additional salary as well as bonus to the employees involved in this additional task. Moreover your team should be aware of the rules and regulations set for cleaning teams which can make the things more confusing.
In this situation hiring janitor for this purpose can be right choice for you. But it is not easy to hire a right janitor unless you have some experience or guidance. In fact a janitor not only waxes the floor and cleans the restrooms of your office but also provides it an environment that can increase its competency and output. Some tips are provided here under to help you in hiring right janitor for office cleaning.
1. List out cleaning services required: First of all you should make a list of cleaning services required in your office. Along with it you should also consider the frequency of cleaning services required in your office. The cost of cleaning service also depends upon this factor also as it can increase your cost if you need it more frequently.
2. Budget: Another important thing to consider while right janitor for office cleaning is your budget in this regard. In fact professionally trained and the best service providers usually charge good amount of money against their services. While assessing the budget for this purpose you should consider the cost of each service required in your office. After doing all these things you can start your search to hire a right janitor for your office who can satisfy your needs at a price affordable for you.
3. Create a list of service providers: While hiring a janitor for office cleaning first of all you should list out the janitor service providers in your area. After creating the list you should scrutinize them on the basis of the services provided by them so that you can shortlist few providing the type of services required by you. Now compare the shortlisted service providers on the basis of the reviews of their previous customers to find the best one.
4. Flexibility of service: While hiring a janitor for you office you should include a clause of flexibility of services as the cleaning needs of your office can vary from time-to-time. The janitor service you hire must be able to provide you extra services, when required.
5. Ask your business friends: The best way to find the right janitor for office cleaning is to ask your friends in other businesses who have recently hired such service. If there are some professional janitors in your city there can be few professional janitor service providing companies also who can provide services to make good money quickly. Most of the managers as well as owners of the businesses know how to deal with such providers of janitor services. You can talk to them to get some guidelines in this respect.
6. Do not rely blindly on yellow pages: Most of the business owners or managers make a common mistake of relying blindly on yellow pages while hiring right janitor for office cleaning. Instead of believing on online ads or yellow pages you should personally meet the service providers or individual janitors to know what they can do for you for the money you are going to pay them otherwise it can be a costly affair for you.
7. Ask for quotes: Once you have shortlisted some of the janitor service providers in your surroundings you should ask them for their quotes according to the cleaning services required by you in your office and their frequency. It will help you in finding out the right janitor by comparing their quotes and facilities provided by them.
8. Make a questionnaire: Before finalising a right janitor service you should interview all of your shortlisted companies. Before this interview you must prepare a questionnaire so that you can compare their answers and make a well informed decision. Your questionnaire should include questions about their standing in the market, experience level and level of training of their professionals.
9. Ask for referrals: While interviewing the janitor service providers you can also ask for referrals so that you can meet them personally or on phone to know about their experiences with the respective service provider. It will give you right picture about the standard of services provided by the janitors shortlisted by you as per your requirements.
10. Cost: Though the fee charged by the janitor service is a very important factor to consider while hiring them but it should not be only factor to make final decision in this regard. If you go for cheap cleaning service to control your office expenses then it can be a costly affair for you in the long run. Most of the cheap services use less number of employees or low quality supplies to reduce their cost. Low quality cleaning agents can be harmful for the floor and restrooms of your office.
Thus by following the tips provided in this write-up carefully you will be hiring right janitor for office cleaning easily. Your focus should be on hiring a well trained professional of a reputed janitor service providing company that has long standing in the office cleaning market. The company or individual you hire for this purpose should be able to provide flexible service. He should be able to provide additional services, when required in your office. They must have experience of several years of cleaning offices and other commercial establishments. It will give you peace of mind against the money you will pay for their services.